Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Available on BlackBerries
Research In Motion, a Canadian smartphone manufacturer, announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is compatible with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007.
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 comes with all the features that exist in the 2005 version, plus a brand new BlackBerry IM client.
With BlackBerry® Client for use with Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007, your organization’s end users can exchange text messages with other Microsoft® Office Communicator users on their BlackBerry® smartphone, whether those contacts are using a desktop computer or BlackBerry smartphone. The enterprise instant messaging client is available here for an administrator to download and deploy.
– From BlackBerry
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and BlackBerry IM client bring the following features:
– Activity-based auto presence settings;
– One-to-one and multi-party instant messaging;
– Easy control over presence and contact info – you can allow only one group or only select contacts to see your availability;
– New presence statuses, so that you can create customized notifications about your location;
– Easy communication options – you can click on any contact from the IM client’s list for initiating a phone call, sending an email, a text message and so on;
– New controls and IT settings;
– Enhanced securit;
– Picture association is now supported directly in the contact list;
– Easy deployment – you can install the IM client either over the air or via side loading.
You must have BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.6 or higher and a smartphone that runs BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or higher to benefit from the capabilities of Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007.
The new BlackBerry IM client can be downloaded from RIM’s official website.